Who doesn't love a proper pancake stack? When the weekend comes around and we have a family breakfast, these always make the menu. Don’t get me wrong I love fluffy buttermilk pancakes but I needed an alternative healthier version. These pancakes never weigh me down or make me feel sluggish after! They are vegan, have no added sugars, and are gluten-free. Long and behold, the blender pancake staple.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Yield: Two serving
- 1 1/4 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup Plant Based milk or Dairy Milk
- 1/2 Banana
- Pinch of coarse sea salt
- Maple syrup
- Hemp Hearts
- Chia seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Cocoa Nibs
- Nut Butter
- Apple Pear Compote
- In a blender place rolled oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla. Blend until fine
- Add milk of your choice and banana, blend until smooth
- Pour into a non-stick pan or grease a pan and ladle the desired amount
- Flip once bubbles appear usually a minute or two, cook for another minute until golden.
- Serve with your choice of toppings
- The batter will thicken as time progresses, if needed you can always add a splash of water or milk to thin the batter.
- Feel free to add a scoop of your favourite protein powder into the pancakes for an added source of protein.
- Toppings keep things exciting and new. They can transform old and boring pancakes into a whole different plate. Change it up, my favourite lately has been a decadent slow-cooked apple/pear compote on top of
If I am not eating oats in the form of oatmeal or granola for breakfast, I am eating these pancakes and I hope you join me too